As many regions battle a second wave of the coronavirus, more stringent measures have been enforced for the wellbeing of citizens – across the globe. In Botswana, the sharp rise in infections and the detection of the new strain of the COVID-19 virus (also known as the 501V2 variant) led to the government extending its national lockdown regulations until 31 March 2021.
For the country, this has meant:
- Extended curfews from 22:00 to 04:00
- The extension of the travel restrictions
- The sale of alcohol will be permitted on weekdays, only
To date, the country has recorded in excess of 28,000 COVID-19 cases and more than 300 people have succumbed to the virus. While these may be overwhelming times, it is important to take cognisance of the progress made in developing vaccines as well as the roll out that is underway in a growing number of countries. Botswana’s efforts to secure vaccines for 20% of its population, in the initial phase, is very encouraging and an important step towards accelerating our country’s fight against this virus.
As always, we urge every citizen to continue to:
- Wear a face mask in public
- Properly wash and sanitise your hands, regularly
- Maintain social distancing
- Self-isolate and seek medical attention if you suspect you may have symptoms
Please see below additional information and links for where you can access the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
We urge you to make use of:
- Government’s Facebook page (@COVID19.MOHW.BW) which is a valuable source of important information.
- The toll-free hotline: 0800 600 740 for any queries or concerns you may have
- The BSafe Contact Tracing App which is intended to identify and alert users who may have been exposed
Please continue to adhere to all health and safety protocols to safeguard yourself and your loved ones.
More useful information
Why outbreaks like coronavirus spread exponentially, and how to “flatten the curve” – View the article
Is it allergies, the flu or the coronavirus? How to tell the difference – View the article
10 things you need to know if you get novel coronavirus 2019 – View the article
Government has also set up a:
Facebook page (@COVID19.MOHW.BW) which is a valuable source of important information and guidance. Please click here to access this page.
Toll-free hotline: 0800 600 740
Important Customer InformationBryte Risk Services COVID-19 Service Provider List – Panel Beaters Bryte Risk Services COVID-19 Service Provider List Bryte Operational Update COVID-19 Nationwide Lockdown Botswana COVID-19 Bryte business actions and resilience – customer communication COVID-19 Bryte business actions and resilience – business partner communication
BrokersCOVID-19 Claims Response for Botswana Brokers COVID-19 FAQ for Botswana Brokers COVID-19 Technical Note for Botswana Brokers
View the website